The Italian way of life has often been lauded as being one of the best for longevity, with its vegetable-rich dishes saturated in healthy olive oil being popular across the globe. As we leave the deliciously decadent holiday period behind, a fresh start is welcomed with a healthier approach to dining.
The Italian antipasto platter – and its accompanying salads – is an excellent way to sate hunger without going overboard. Varying according to each Italian region’s cuisine, the antipasto is a traditional pre-meal platter which is perfect for a light lunch replacement.
If you’re looking to recreate this glorious spread at home, it is incredibly simple to put an appetising meal together. Try combining a number of the following for a delectable platter.
- Slices of high quality cured meats, such as prosciutto, bresaola, sorpressata and salami
- Sundried tomatoes, preferably those stored in olive oil, drained
- Kalamata olives
- Green olives, both those left unstuffed and those stuffed with pepper and garlic
- Balsamic sundried peppers
- Fresh figs, halved
- Torn mozzarella balls or whole bocconcini
- Flatbread or ciabatta bread, drizzled with a little olive oil
- Small dish of balsamic vinegar for dipping
- Red and green grapes, left on the vine
Arrange all of your antipasto ingredients on a beautiful platter for the final touch. We highly recommend using a striking set of ceramic plates to present your final dish – after all, the more delicious a meal looks, the better it seems to taste.
Of course, no January meal is complete without an obligatory salad to get a newly healthy lifestyle going. The following suggestions make a delicious salad when combined.
- One or two large heads of radicchio di Treviso, divided into individual leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- Baby spinach leaves
- Peppadew peppers, destalked and optionally filled with a creamy cheese
- Provolone cheese, cubed
- Fresh mushrooms, cut into halves
- Shaved parmesan to top
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Throw all the ingredients in an eye-catching bowl and serve to guests in heaps.
Our beautiful Forchette set of ceramics is the perfect vessel for presenting a lovely antipasto and salad meal. Created by Stamperia Bertozzi, the fun fork design and beautiful lines will make every dish look fantastic.